mister2d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by USE Z4S View Post
Take a deep breath...

You are very defensive...

This is a BMW forum, yes? Agreed the thread is discussing the M4 vs. Cayman GTS and I personally think both cars (on paper and from reviews) seem pretty amazing, and I was on the fence between them before making my decision.

I admittedly inquired aloud about why a number of people seemed so unequivocal that the Porsche was better, when none had actually driven an M4--and this is a very logical query I might add.

I do find it interesting and highly amusing that the fanboy comment I made (and I did not specifically call anyone that, btw) ruffled so many feathers. You have to ask yourself why you would be so defensive and why you would find that comment so audacious if there was not some truth to that characterization... Perhaps the term "Brand inclined enthusiast" would be a more palatable euphemism for you?

Indeed, there are fanboys out there, and that's a pretty innocuous term. If you're certain the Porsche Cayman GTS is the better car (for whatever reason(s)), good for you! I don't care, and I'm not loyal in the slightest to either brand, having owned and driven both. But I will point out groundless assertions (for example driving dynamics, purist driving feel comments, etc.) as I see them.

In any case, relax. You'll live longer.

Predictable response. Still trying to explain your insults and broad accusations and lacing it all in terms of calming down and relaxing. Wash rinse repeat. Yawn. How's that for relaxing? Didn't even require 6 paragraphs.

At any rate, the thread goes on.
Appreciate 0