View Single Post
      11-09-2016, 07:50 PM   #29
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit View Post
You mentioned having to be connected to your cloud for some features. What features wouldn't work if I were in an area with 0 cellular reception/ wifi?

how much e85 have you or users been able to use before fueling upgrades?

Is there a video to see the app features somewhere?

lastly, I know you don't need to run a JB4 with this but why can you? From what I understand its to run absolute boost target maps but isn't that one of the big upsides of a flash vs a piggyback? Aside from map switching which isn't a big selling point to me because I would only care for an e85 map and a pump map so an extra $150 isn't a huge deal.
You need internet access for all bm3 features today with one exception. If you log in to the app where you have internet access and start the live dash while there, and then start driving, your dash will continue to work if you lose internet access as it sends data over the local network between the app and the agent (laptop or device) from the time it starts, not through your internet connection. Does that make sense?

E85 OTS map testing is in beta and we've gone with full E85 on some cars while some stay with ~E50 for fuel mileage reasons as going full E85 doesn't really provide much of an advantage over E50 performance wise especially in a daily driven car.

Not sure I understand the JB question entirely but our take on the JB is that its a great auxiliary/secondary system that provides features to the DME which it may not have from the factory such as secondary PI fuel control for instance where using an AIC fuel controller for instance on its own provides less configurability than using a JB4 in tandem with an AIC.

As for the E85 map, additional OTS maps for the S55 are now just $50 for the N55, $100 for the S55 and $150 for the S63TU.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50