View Single Post
      11-15-2016, 10:24 PM   #38
cookiesowns
;)
Rep
Drives: X5 45e, 535i N54, X3 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
At the moment all features need a connection with the exception explained in the previous post.

JB4 is great for PI as it has closer integration with the DME than any other secondary system on the market that can control conventional injectors. DME has boost by gear built in. Its actually part of the stock map as well For instance, 3rd gear boosts less in midrange than 4th which boost targets less than 5th. You also have boost by 'mode' so you could effectively have map switching in the factory DME These map switch features are still in testing with us to see how to make best use of them.

When testing is complete on the map switch feature will the XDF's be defined for use in RomRaider or TunerPRO for those that want to tweak?

Also, since it's been posted that OTS maps from PTF are locked, would it be possible to map switch between the OTS map, and say my own custom map that I develop for track use?

Would it be possible to work something out where an end-user can have an unlocked version of the OTS map say under an NDA instead of going back to PTF each time for customization?

Ultimately it would be great for end-user's that are enthusiasts but aren't necessarily "pro calibrators" if they can start off with a good solid OTS map and build own maps for torque management, or say exhaust profiles..

My F80 ZCP 6MT comes soon, and I'm still debating the JB4, or BM3. Warranty is important to me, but either way it seems I will be when it comes to warranty work..

Datalogging and self-customization capabilities are really important to me. I also want to be able to plot my own dataplots to integrate with data say from a Solo or Solo DL.

Edit: Any chance for live tuning capabilities?
Appreciate 0