View Single Post
      10-19-2020, 07:25 AM   #1
TheDailyDriven
Co-Founder BMW INVASION
Rep
Drives: 2022 Imola Red II G80 M3

Active Autowerke Equal Length Mid-Pip Paired-up With AWE Switchpath Exhaust

*UPDATED JULY 2021*

After having the Active Autowerke Equal Length Mid-pipe paired up with my AWE Switchpath Exhaust I have given a fair review if its worth the pricey setup. Long story short, if you have the AWE Switchpath or AWE Track Exhaust its absolutely worth it to get the Active Autowerke Equal Length Mid-pipe. The sound is unique and still has the distinctive low deep tone from the AWE but smooths out when you're on WOT (Wide Open Throttle).

I recently learned that you can actually contact AWE directly and purchase their rear section of the exhaust instead of buying the full system if you plan on pairing these two together. This maybe an option for the ones who don't have the AWE system already. I deep dive into this topic in the video below.

Hopefully this saves you guys some time and headaches when deciding on your exhaust setup.

__________________________________________________ ___________

I think the majority of us can agree that the one of the biggest complaints was how the S55 platform sounded. There are many exhausts brands and different setups that helped that issue but some of those setups just increased the dreaded rasp.

Being a local to South Florida, I was able to meet with the team at Active Autowerke to see and hear their new Equal Length Mid-pipe. I went with Miguel who is the other co-founder of BMW Invasion and we were able to get out hands on the Equal Length Mid-pipe. We can confirm, the hype is real. We honestly feel this was one of the top 3 modifications that we've have done to our F80s.

If you're ordering the Equal Length Mid-pipe to be paired with your AWE Exhaust, be sure to contact them to get you set up with there new connector pipe. This setup will not work without this pipe.

As you can see in the photo, AWE Switchpath exhausts is not a direct fitment. Additionally, AWE is a 3 inch pipe and the equal length is a 2.5 inch pipe. AWE makes their exhausts so you have to use their entire setup. you just can't use their rear section or vice-versa. I was luckily able to have the team at Active Autowerke custom fabricate the connector pipe to make it work and the connector pipe will now be available for other customers.

Here is a video where I was able to interview one of the owners from Active Autowerke, film the custom fabrication of the connector pipe, installation of the midpipe and most importantly on how this pair sounds. I have to give it to the team at Active Autowerke, they did an amazing job on the midpipe and the connector pipe.

Here's another video of :
Catless downpipe, Resonated Equal Length Mid-pipe, and Stock CS rear muffler.

Hopefully this helps you guys out that are contemplating on getting one. We'll be back at Active Autowerke in a few weeks to hear their New MadMax Exhaust which should be interesting.

YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/TheDailyDriven/featured

Last edited by TheDailyDriven; 09-03-2021 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0