View Single Post
      11-30-2022, 02:20 AM   #15
rosemont83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911 turbo, E39 M5,

I just went through a painful time trying to sell my car and sold my M4 to the dealer...

It was beautifully specc'd, 2020 manual, individual Le Mans blue, competition, executive 14k miles, and I really wanted it to go to an enthusiast. I had it up for sale for a while, priced below KBB and no bites.. I even started to offer it at the dealer trade in price and the few people interested would actually offer me below what the dealer was giving me.

I had it scheduled to go up for auction on BAT, but after seeing quite a few RNM, it was the last straw. The reserve they gave me was 58K, which was also below what some dealers were offering. Looking through BAT, they like the M3 much more than the M4.
Ultimately, I decided I would have to make a decision I wasn't happy with, and sold it to the dealer in order to secure the sale before prices came down any further.

I think it really depends on your spec. If you have an expensive version of the F8x, it will take quite a while.. If you have a low or middle of the road spec, you will find buyers but you may have to discount significantly.

If it's an M4, it will take much longer than an M3. I found that people don't really care much for the M4, and many comments I received were "Too bad it's not an M3"

Also, oddly, I had many people say "Too bad it's not a DCT"- which threw me for quite the loop... I have never heard people prefer the automatic version of a car. But for the price range my car was in, the clientele was definitely older gentlemen, of which many prefer the DCT.

Wish you best of luck in the sale.. Perhaps wait until winter is over? Maybe that will help, unless the market tanks even further, which I felt that it will
Appreciate 4
Negtvions211.00
cotmfk2045.00
bese60231.50
CSBM52721.00