View Single Post
      06-07-2018, 10:00 AM   #47
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
That's what I mean. With your pupils more dilated because of the lower tint, the light from the front will be relatively brighter. Your eyes will constantly have to keep adjusting from the dark interior that is created by the dark side tint, to the untinted front, with a more contrasting light coming through the front windshield.

Except it's more straining for your eyes to have contrasting light from the interior vs the front windshield. I've had tint on several of my cars, it's actually mostly for heat and style. I find that the uneven light is more taxing than even light while wearing sunglasses. That "tunnel vision" you mentioned is what is undesirable to me. This is especially important for those who track, where you are looking through your side windows just as often or more.
I think you're definitely an exception to the rule. I tint my windows because they make it easier to see in the daytime, not because they strain my eyes or just because they look cool (but they do look really friggin cool).

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0