Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianeck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
That's what I mean. With your pupils more dilated because of the lower tint, the light from the front will be relatively brighter. Your eyes will constantly have to keep adjusting from the dark interior that is created by the dark side tint, to the untinted front, with a more contrasting light coming through the front windshield.

Except it's more straining for your eyes to have contrasting light from the interior vs the front windshield. I've had tint on several of my cars, it's actually mostly for heat and style. I find that the uneven light is more taxing than even light while wearing sunglasses. That "tunnel vision" you mentioned is what is undesirable to me. This is especially important for those who track, where you are looking through your side windows just as often or more.
I think you're definitely an exception to the rule. I tint my windows because they make it easier to see in the daytime, not because they strain my eyes or just because they look cool (but they do look really friggin cool).
This is without sunglasses. With sunglasses it helps, but then it becomes less about light entering and more about heat, privacy, and aesthetics. Because if it was about light alone, that's solved with sunglasses alone.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0