View Single Post
      06-08-2018, 02:14 PM   #49
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianeck View Post
Technically the light in the front windows is brighter from a relative perspective, but all the glare, light and reflections coming in from the sides are genuinely mitigated. Overall light entering the car is significantly reduced with tinted windows, so "relativity" aside the net light inside is way different. I definitely notice when I get in a car without tints that it feels way brighter and I need sunglasses on a sunny day. With really dark tint (5% or lower) I can see the "tunnel vision" a bit, but with 15-35% it dramatically reduces overall light and glare, and if anything your eyes are better adjusted to focussing straight ahead of you where they should be.

To the OP - how hard did you have to try to park in a spot to get that reflection JUST right? Is it something you notice continuously on a recurring drive? That little strip is so small that even 20 or 30 mins later the angle of inclination of the sun will change (at most points in the day) enough to reflect somewhere else. I liked the matte CF in the last generation better, but the reflections never bothered me all that much, and I certainly don't think they got any worse after I tinted my windows either.
Not difficult at all. I sit in traffic everyday for about 3 to 4 hours a day. This usually happens about 50% of the time on my roundtrip commute. I took the picture while I was sitting at a traffic light.

I have since picked up some Maui Jim Polarized sunglasses since it was eye exam time again this year and insurance takes care of the shades. My Oakley's were good but these new sunglasses are better. I have since been wearing them more often.
Appreciate 0