10-08-2020, 04:17 PM   #38
TanzaniteBlue
BMWphile
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & FCA! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post

So upon driving my car and really concentrating on the issue, I think what I am experiencing is fairly normal. It only happens in sport plus and at very partial throttle around maybe 10% to 20% throttle where the car is thinking should it give full boost or not. When I actually go wide-open throttle, the induction noise is continuous and sucks very hard. If you listen closely to my video you can hear the induction sound from the intake and that slight choppy sucking sound.
That's how it sounds for me, however the choppiness is slower, it's a constant pattern, and it's only at full throttle. And it happens in any engine mode, even efficient. Over 4000 rpm it goes away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
I’ve experienced the same noise and it was ever so faint. I believe I am experiencing the same thing. Right now ots e30 map stage 2 from bm3. Like you I don’t worry too much as to me it seems like the aggressive throttle mapping from sport plus is causing boost to build quickly but the throttle position isn’t necessarily calling for it yet so it’s doing as it should, the ewg is eliminating it. Or so that’s my limited thought as to why it happens.
Happens in all engine modes for me. Stops above 4000 rpm, might be the induction sound drowning it out.
Appreciate 0