Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkenc View Post
Get the '18! It's basically a Q of LCI vs pre LCI, and what you intend to do with the car.

With the LCI, you get: (summary from CanAutM3 here - https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8;postcount=92)

- Bi LED headlights standard (instead of Xenon)
- New look full LED headlights (optional)
- New look full LED rear light clusters
- Black ///M emblems in the seats (instead of silver)
- Fake stitching on non-leather dash
- Black 666M wheels optional with the CP
- iDrive 6.0

If and when you decide to sell it, the LCI will hold better value. Plus, you get to enjoy the factory and maintenance warranty for some time.

However, if you think you're gonna mod the car pretty quickly and heavily, you're probably better off getting a '16 as it's cheaper and you won't have to care about voiding any warranties. At 15k miles, all it needs is prob a clean PPI and you'll be good to go.

The F83 Comp is a blast, I'm lovin' it. Good luck with your search.
Good summary - the LCI is the way to go but it does give up the CFRP driveshaft compared to the 16/17. Small detail, even smaller on a vert. Good luck with purchase and enjoy the real hardtop. New G83 will be a Luxo-boat with a soft top - sort of a strange combo
The G series will be an bigger and longer fat pig, it does not make a significant weight difference when they put the soft top, they made the car 3 inches longer also, took out the great DCT tranny and took out the 4 piston brake system to put together a Lego kit car.

I would get a 2018 or 2019 , the newer cars will have the ECU locks on them is what I read so far.
Appreciate 0