12-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #255
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Here you say that what is great about the LS engine is it's tuneability. While on the other hand you hate how people talk about the tuneability of the S55/N55 etc...

If I understand you correctly it's ok (in fact even great) for other brands to be tuneable, but it's not for BMW

In Europe the Tuning industri started with brands like BMW...
i always viewed BMW M ( not BMW overall). as a pure sports car, of course the cars do have luxury to them now. meaning people didn't talk about how much power can be gained with a tune. although yes there are many people who are modding the M cars. but it wasn't one of the major points of buying the car. on the forum people are treating the new M4 like a 335i.

there in fact is a thread started right now that both of us posted on. the OP is disappoint if there is no room left on the table to be gained with a tune. whats funny is that every owner i have met with a 335i that is a car guy. has a Jb4 tune. those 335is are "tuner" cars. i have a nothing against modded 335is, in fact i think its a pretty cool car. i know a few people who have them. its just not my cup of tea. i am the kind of guy who would want a V10 R8 over a modded GTR.

also i was talking about LS engines because i was trying to show you that one of the attributes a big V8 has with modding. which is a whole different topic.
Appreciate 0