View Single Post
      11-19-2018, 01:34 PM   #13
Tall Tom Cruise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3

bumping this old thread. Just installed these..

On a stock airbox, with stock filters, will these do more harm than good?

My car drives different now. The turbo spool sounds have changed, it is less audible overall. Less "swoosh" and sucking noise, however, more high pitched whistling to a degree. Not sure how to interpret this...

Throttle response changed too, I believe it is a little worse/more sluggish. Could be placebo but with the changes in noise i don't think so.

I can see the benefit of these scoops if one pairs it with an open intake system, no question. On a closed system, I think it cuts down on the area of air that the stock system can suck in (once on throttle). I get air is forced in, but without the scoops the intake holes behind the grill have a much larger area to vacuum air in from.

Lastly, on a stock/closed air box -- when crusing off throttle, air is just being forced into the intake against the filter, but not being pulled through. This irks me for reasons unknown.

On a side note, the quality of the scoops are great. They fit perfectly around the side holes and if installed correctly, they are incredibly secure. The red ones look killer on my BSM/SO m4.

Newer F82 owner just trying to wrap my head around this stuff.

Last edited by Tall Tom Cruise; 11-19-2018 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0