View Single Post
      06-02-2020, 07:53 PM   #16
Djdnav
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likeanowl View Post
So a bit of an update to this. Got my downpipes put on today by them. First thing they said is my oil pan is leaking... minor leak, but still leaking.

Then basically made me paranoid. Repeatedly mentioned that jb4 is essentially tricking the car into making more boost which is dangerous and basically will blow my engine. I can’t even count the amount of times I was told “man... just be careful. Don’t drive it hard. We aren’t responsible for anything. Don’t push it. Don’t drive it hard on the highway.” Or some variation of those things. They now have me thinking #1 do they know something I don’t that’s about to become a huge problem? 9r #2 I HOPE not... but possibly tamper with something causing me to have to come back for a huge repair.

They did keep saying that “these cars need to be tuned properly to have catless downpipes or you’re gonna have issues we aren’t liable for.” Also kept referring to a specific tuning company they always work with I’m assuming to sell me a tune.

I’m honestly so paranoid now I won’t even put it in sport mode. I have no idea what to think.

There you have it. Forget what they told you. Literally thousands of people run jb4’s without the world burning down. Some joker at a car meet gave me the same line about bm3, and how the car would blow bla bla I should pay him $1000 to install a jb4. I obviously laughed in his face.