Battle Buddy
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relak View Post
Lucky you! I just got a call from my SA and he said that in order for them to install the updated version it would be out of pocket expense of $750 per seat. Looks like I'm getting the old version. Hopefully it doesn't crack again.
You have to wonder where they come up with some of these numbers...I think they just make them up to make you go away. The retail on the emblems are around $200. So $1300 in labor for something that takes 15 minutes per seat.
Ya the stealership claimed they were doing me a favor and giving me a discount on the parts even. From $270 to $160 on the emblem using some loyal customer BS discount. The emblems are selling for $145 each on most sites so they're not fooling anyone.

They also claimed it was four hours of labor per seat which is where the astronomical charges come from.

I wasn't happy that they were going to reinstall a faulty piece so I had to pull some shenanigans and call BMW NA last minute. I guess the phone call or the threat of opening up a case with BMW NA lit a fire under the dealers ass, because I got a phone call shortly after saying that it was taken care of, that the black updated emblems were on order, and would be installed under warranty.

Hate to have to pull those cards but I also don't like that the dealer doesn't really treat me like a customer, more like a device for profit. If they took the time to think about how it would benefit them to keep me happy as a customer, Id end up spending more money there in the long run and the minimal effort to make these small things happen would be a drop in the bucket monetarily.