View Single Post
      02-16-2018, 08:48 AM   #57
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

To clarify, a MOST converter is no amplifier. So any audio improvement over the OEM amp audio quality will be determined mostly by quality of the aftermarket amps and speakers with the converter. What the converter improves is the signal to noise ratio compared with the analog signal output of the iDrive unit. In particular, signal hiss and the low volume ramp up (iDrive volume knob needs to be more than half turned to feel the music) are virtually gone with a digital converter. Signal is cleaner and louder at low volume regardless of the aftermarket amp installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaywhateveryo View Post
Encanto -- can you tell me how much better the mObridge sounds than the stock amp on Bavsound speakers/sub? A colleague of mine used to be an audio engineer and tells me that he would expect the improvement to be incremental given the hodgepodge matching of speakers, amp, dsp, etc. here.

I may just need to accept that this system is not going to have the clarity and separation of the B&O in the F10. I mean, a 7.5 or so out of 10 isn't bad for vehicle sound, right? Here's me convincing myself...
Appreciate 0