View Single Post
      12-10-2023, 12:24 PM   #53
Gabe1017
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORAGRETS View Post
Clutches are consumable parts, unless you can prove that it’s a manufacturing defect, there’s no way they would cover it.

That being said, if you were tight with your SA at BMW, there’s a little something called “goodwill” but sounds like that’s not the case here.

Clutch masters FX250 or FX350 will be good choices for you IF you want to go aftermarket.

If you don’t plan on tuning a whole lot, aka, you don’t plan on doing anything past “stage 2”, then you may just wanna stick with the OEM BMW clutch…it’s a great clutch and will hold 500+ whp. Of course this all depends on your driving style, how you use and abuse the car etc.

Clutch masters literally advertises the FX250 and FX350 as “like OEM replacements”, so you’re not really gonna see a whole lot of difference aside from a slightly firmer pedal feel.

Maybe some others will chime in.

“Too performance compared to stock” is really just relative to the driver also…once you get into more aggressive clutches you’ll end up sacrificing a tiny bit of comfortability, clutch chatter, and a more aggressive catching point.

Really wish there was a place to go test drive different clutches, but one can dream.

Lastly, call clutch masters and talk to a rep, they’re extraordinarily helpful in helping you decide.
Hey thank you so much for getting back to me. Driving them would be amazing and a dream come true. The Fx350 might be the best move. I really thought I was more buddies with them but they said there was no way around it since they had to submit pictures and etc.

I don’t mind a bit more aggressive just stock clutch has a great feel and either way this car is daily driven in the city with some days to open her up. The plan is to get her tuned with all the other upgrades and run between 500+ on stock turbos.

The Spec clutch sounds great but might be overkill for this car
Appreciate 0