12-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #119
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I obviously don't have the seat time you do, but I didn't find it jerky at all during normal driving on the test drives. I was expecting the brake thing to be really weird, but that isn't even that bad, just different.

I'm in the same boat Darth One (I can never figure out how to tag people with spaces in their board name). If that white one at my dealer keeps dropping I'm going to try and talk the wife into it for her DD. A QV sitting next to a MT ZCP M3 would be alright!
At this point, I refuse to test drive this thing until I'm actually in the market for a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc3456 View Post
Night and day difference in throttle smoothness...and also between the ZF-8 and DCT. Shifts nearly as fast without the jerkiness. Race is like Sport +, and has an overboost setting. Dynamic is ideal daily but spirited driving setting, Natural is smoother yet (but pointless), and Advanced Efficiency is excellent for long trips as it initiates cylinder de-activation. Can get 30 MPG on which is good for really long trips on crowded highways...and, from a 505hp car, never the less.
All right. Well you are making this thing sound like the perfect car. Lol. This is exactly what I wish bmw did with the F8x - instead, efficient mode makes the car feel worthless, and sport+ is a total mess on the street
Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50