Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86

Garage List
2019 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TideMD View Post
I don't think; I know without a doubt that - when properly initiated (i.e. - appropriate op temp, proper steps to activate LC, adequate time/mileage between LC attempts, etc.) - LC has never failed me to date.

Not entirely sure what's so "LoL" about that.
Time has nothing to do with launch control attempt. If the transmission is overheated, you will get an error when trying to activate the feature and it won't even launch. After the transmission (maybe the clutch packs) cools down enough, launching can be resumed. Turning the car off and back on doesn't reset the sensor btw. It's safe to say that I've done more launches than most people so I know the functionality of it. I would guess about 100 launches while completely stock (including OEM tires, wheels, etc.) and about 200 launches after varying levels of modifications and 5 different sets of tires - sport cup 2s, pilot 4s, super sport, toyo R888R and ventus v12). My v12 set lasted about 1200 miles/ 1 month on the rears.

I'm referring to when it is "properly" being activated (it actually works when the car is cold, oddly enough) and the checkered flags come up... but the wheels spin like I'm on black ice. Perhaps a sensor was off or broken, which would explain for the car behaving the way it did. There seems to be 3 different ways I've experienced launch control; it gets activated and launches properly; it gets activated and smokes the tires completely or it doesn't activate at all (this only happened after doing about 6 launches back to back).
Appreciate 0