Just Building My M4 Track Car
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15’ M4 Alpine

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf_m3 View Post
it wouldn’t allow LC until the diff fluid was serviced. Maybe there is some confirmation done ✅ after that service that tells the computer LC is ok to use.
I did the service myself so I have no idea. Due to old fluid.. When I drained it, it was black. It was so thin compared to the new fluid. Just touching the old fluid felt like water and didn’t feel slippery like when I put the new fluid on my hand it felt really thick and slippery if that makes any since. What I believe is happening is the module would deactivate due to sensing slip in the system because of the water like fluid, which would also damage the diff. Then when the new fluid was put in, it didn’t sense slip because it was thick enough and won’t cause damage. But I cannot believe it is that touchy. I mean it works every time now, It feels great. This seems to be a bit of a problem on these cars from who I’ve asked. So hopefully that should solve the problem, I also found out it looks like on the earlier car 2015-2017 they came with the wrong fluid and also the dealers are changing them still with the wrong fluid. I would advise to do it yourself. It’s very easy takes 30 min or so with a lift. The correct diff fluid for these cars is SAE 75w-140.
Appreciate 1