10-15-2022, 06:01 PM   #1342
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanthius View Post
There's no line in the sand as far as I'm concerned...I own a Tesla and the F80

Model Y Performance for daily driving, commuting, running errands, and eating in the car with Netflix from time to time is pretty sweet.

F80 for track days, and for when I get tired of the Tesla's ~500hp AWD that hooks perfectly in basically any conditions with no drama. The Tesla feels great to drive but it isn't a super "fun" car IMO, but it is very satisfying to drive, and you get to leave 99% of whatever is on the road in the dust without sounding obnoxious. I am fine with loud exhaust on the race track but I'm not into being loud on city streets.
I totally am with you on “performance” Tesla + sports car. I just sold my 996TT and model 3P and picked up an 07 c6 z06. Going to pair it with some kind of EV truck or van in the future

Completely a dinosaur in the interior department compared to model 3P and despite having 335 wide rear tires I’m not sure I can get it to hook hard enough on the street to stay ahead of a model y/3 performance. The acceleration potential from a roll plus the sounds of V8 make me want to salute the flag and its tough for EV to replicate that “feel”
Appreciate 0