View Single Post
      01-14-2020, 11:33 AM   #38
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRRobert View Post
Thanks to all for the info, I am planning to utilize the 3D printed ducts in the front and the GT3 Ducts in the rear. All with stock brake discs, calipers, with Ferodo DS1.11 pads and titanium shims with max NT01/RE71 tires.

I printed one set with PLA+ to get sense for the printing and fitment. For final use, what would be the recommended filament, Nylon, ABS, other? Not so much worried about replacing if break, but would be more concerned about debris that could be left on the track if is did and the best to prevent if that makes sense.

Also any tips on printing specs, material, etc? Using Lulzbot Taz6.

What are people using to bond the two pieces, and would it be better to print one piece at a time vs 2?

Thanks in advance!
I’ve had good luck with ABS so far. I haven’t tried anything else because I leave it to the experts at work to do the printing. Debris is just plastic, and the one scoop I accidentally broke sheared off cleanly.

The two pieces need not be bonded together. In a brilliant bit of design engineering, the small circular piece is inserted inside the scoop and fits through the hole. Once you install the hose and clamp it to the smaller piece, the scoops can rotate independently of the hose and the clamp holds the whole thing together.

If your printer is small you may have to do one side at a time. Ours was big enough to handle both.
Appreciate 0