Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
https://apnews.com/c869bf2e629788a9e301af477e1d7344

WASHINGTON (AP) — The stakes over witness testimony at President Donald Trump's impeachment trial are rising now that a draft of a book from former national security adviser John Bolton appears to undercut a key defense argument — that Trump never tied withholding of aid to Ukraine to a demand the country investigate rival Joe Biden..
Certainly damning if accurate - but I disagree that a witness testimony should be enough to impeach a president. That really isn't any more than 'he said, she said'. People lie. We can all 'assume' who is lying (either Trump or Bolton), but there needs to be corroborating evidence to confirm that was the reason to hold the aid back for my vote to be yes on impeachment.

I feel the same way in court hearings for anyone else as well. I absolutely disagree that someone should be able to be convicted on witness testimony alone. I don't care if a dozen people say they saw some one rob a bank - unless there is corroborating evidence to agree to the testimony, I don't think they should be able to convict anyone.
Besides witnesses, we ( and the Senate) should demand the release all the documents the house asked for. And then decide.

The other disturbing thing I saw over the weekend is all the super PACs putting pressure on moderate Democrats and Republicans, saying they're gonna put money into the races for their rivals if they don't vote to suppress witnesses .
The super pac money is out of control.
Why is some super PAC based in Washington DC threatening to affect the Senate race in the state of Maine?