Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Certainly damning if accurate - but I disagree that a witness testimony should be enough to impeach a president. That really isn't any more than 'he said, she said'. People lie. We can all 'assume' who is lying (either Trump or Bolton), but there needs to be corroborating evidence to confirm that was the reason to hold the aid back for my vote to be yes on impeachment.

I feel the same way in court hearings for anyone else as well. I absolutely disagree that someone should be able to be convicted on witness testimony alone. I don't care if a dozen people say they saw some one rob a bank - unless there is corroborating evidence to agree to the testimony, I don't think they should be able to convict anyone.
Welp, that's a conveniently unattainable bar to reach in a huge percentage of crimes. I'm confident the evidence is there, but this defendant is in a unique position of being able to dictate exactly what evidence he wants to provide. It's a sham trial, but not for the reasons you guys are espousing. I'd LOVE to have a trial in which I decide what evidence can be submitted and who can testify AND have the jury stacked with mostly members of my own friends.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold