01-31-2014, 06:46 PM   #169
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
I love my '13 C63 but the new F80 M3 is very enticing.

I want to see what the the 18" wheels look like with the non-carbon ceramic brakes. I say this because I have a feeling that most of the F80 M3s and F82 M4s ordered will come with this setup (i.e., non-carbon ceramic brakes and 18" wheels).

The gold carbon ceramics look outstanding but for the vast majority of us, I think they are going to be overkill. They sure are wonderful eye candy though.

I have owned and used the same Brembo fixed calipers (a 4/2 front/rear setup) that will come standard on those M3s/M4s that are not fitted with the carbon ceramic brakes. The calipers are nice and beefy but the 18" wheels will accommodate them just fine.

I had these calipers as part of the "M Performance Brakes" kit that I added to my M Sport F30 335i.

I realize that the rotors will be different on the F80/F82, but the 4-piston front, 2-piston rear fixed caliper setup utilized by the F30 M Performance Brakes kit was outstanding.

The pedal feel was very linear and progressive. You could very precisely trim speed. There was very little slop and no "mushy" feeling. Overall, I was very impressed with their clamping power. I only managed one track session with the brakes but they were consistent, with little to no fade.

So basically, I know that the non-carbon ceramic calipers will be up to snuff and one would think that the fully cross-drilled rotors that come with the non-carbon ceramics are equal to or better than the dimpled and slotted rotors that are utilized on the F30.

I'm actually really curious about the compound of the non-CCB's because the rotors have a 'criss-cross' pattern of sorts, and it doesn't look like a standard steel rotor. I've noticed this pattern in every picture, even ///M's in motion.

Appreciate 0