View Single Post
      06-03-2020, 02:22 PM   #31
996ttelise
Captain
Rep
Drives: 458, GTS, Performante

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
This should be pushed into every 911 vs. M3 thread from here forward. Props for a normal, non-fanboy assessment. Don't see how you acquire a 911 and not develop an overwhelming appreciation for the diverse talents of the M3. If you don't have, then you didn't really explore and enjoy the potential of the m3.

Congrats, OP. Sharkwerks sport exhaust is killer, if you're looking for some more character but don't want to (even potentially) mess with the engine warranty. (Assuming you don't have a G transplant already.) Cold starts are LOUD, though. https://www.sharkwerks.com/exhaust/p...gt3-rs-SHAX410
He is comparing a 12 year old 997.1. Since then, there has been a 997.2 (massive revamp over 997.1), 991.1, 991.2 and 992. I have had each of these except my 992 Turbo is on order. The 997.1 Turbo is very dated technology and performance wise, but still a nice car with the Mezger. I tried the F80 did not like it. I am not sure the F80 really does anything well, but may seem that way if your used to driving Hondas or other BMWs.

Not a fanboi, I have other brands that are more costly than my 911s, but I use 911s as daily drives as they cannot be best for a combination of comfort, versatility, performance, durability, dependability and cheap maintenance costs compared to other high end sports cars.
Appreciate 0