View Single Post
      06-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #50
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

I am a bit apprehensive because I love the feel of BMW hydraulic steering setups.

I have driven multiple new generation 5 series and do not care for the EPS steering feel. Heard that BMW had tweaked them since for the all new F30 3 series. I have not driven the new F30 3 series. So I can't really comment on its EPS steering feel.

Anyways, from the reviews I have read over the Porsche EPS system. It is claimed to be one of the best. However, the reviewers still thought it was not as great as the hydraulic setup found in Porsches.

I hope if BMW is planing on using EPS steering rack in the next M3. Then they really work on the feel and feed back of the EPS steering system. Because as of right now they are sub-par in feel and feed back in my opinion.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0