12-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #65
catpat8000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin135 View Post
I would never base a vehicle purchase on its 0-60 time but that is me I guess. You are entitled to your opinions but it's pretty clear you haven't driven these different types of vehicles before. The 0-60 time is a pretty useless metric for a daily driver car or even a weekend cruiser unless all you want to do is drag race. The feel of a car to me is way more important then how fast I can get to 60. I would much rather own a 325hp cayman than an M6 as it is way more fun to drive and is a much better sports car.

Today's cars are governed by traction on there 0-60 times, so more HP is not always a good thing. I have driven many different vehicles including the M6 and personally I would never buy an M6. The M6 is really only good for a highway cruiser in my mind. It feels way too big and floaty to take it on the track and I wouldn't feel all that comfortable taking it on a mountain run.

Some cars you have listed have finesse some don't and we can go on and on but you will never understand it until you drive them. I don't mean drive them to the mall and back either actualy take them on a road and go through some nice tight switchbacks and long sweeping turns. You have to look at the whole package for a car comfort, suspension, brakes, amenities, hp, tq, weight, driving emotion, and cost.

With all that said yes BMW provides a decently priced performance vehicle but I wouldn't say they are bargain prices by any means. You get a fast car that is very practical but to me you get it at a high price, at least as of recently. If you want bang for buck I would suggest looking at the mustang, corvette, and gtr (for your 0-60) if want want the real bang for buck performance machines. Off topic but hopefully ford nails down that new irs suspension as that was the only thing holding back the last mustang from being amazing.
+1
Especially to the M5/6 being a highway cruiser and bang for the buck being the 2014 Corvette!
Appreciate 0