05-07-2019, 06:41 PM   #16
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
Hey swagon, still a 1addict but I'm aiming for a F80/F82 as my next vehicle. How do you like yours? Was it a big transition from the E82?

Thank you!
Well, still have the 135i and it is now the daily bitch, sadly. Both are 6MT, 18" PSS, 135i has PPK and KW coils, M3 is mechanically stock.

And I have to say that when pushing the M3, I feel much more in tune with the car, like I am one with the machine. It is so planted and tight. In the 1er, due to the sloppiness, high seating position and mediocre throttle response, I have never felt like that. But don't tell the 1Addicts that. The M can bite ya, though. It is a beast and a freight train. It took me a short while to get used to driving it as it can get a bit jerky, especially when driving slow. It is less forgiving, but otherwise, it is still a great daily. I mean, it is a family sedan for four people that has a CF roof, CF driveshaft and no rear subframe bushings for fucks sake. RACECAR STUFF! The seats and seating position are amazing, btw.

The S55 pulls to the redline whereas the N55 is dying above 5k. It also has a much sharper throttle response and there are no rev hangs or lags that present in the 135i (at least mine). I am weird and I like the way the S55 sounds with ASD off and valves open. The shifter feels better to me as well, however, 6th could be taller for hwy cruising. You're going to miss the hydraulic steering, though.

I still love both, BUT the M bug is real. I have caught the M bug. Now want to trade the 135i for a 1 M which would be the ultimate garage, imho.

Get yourself a manual LCI, preferably ZCP on smaller wheels to retain good ride comfort. Keep the stock exhaust, unplug ASD, slap on PS4S and rip thru the gears, man.