View Single Post
      02-10-2024, 03:29 PM   #109
jfritz27
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 CS

Installed the BW kit this AM. I took my time (particularly with the Dremeling), took me a few hours (including some leather cleaning and vacuuming).

The included BW instructions were quite thorough, so not a whole lot more to add. But a few additional tips:

- The ring remover mentioned above is the correct one. When it was time to re-install, I sprayed the receiving base ring with some Teflon lube spray around the lock points, which I think helped get it on
- Watch something like the Kies video on swapping the LPFP first. This is mainly to understand how the passive siphon tube connection is made on the pump and what you need to do get the pump out
- When drilling the hole for the bulkhead, the BW instructions give you the required diameter for the hole itself (for the threaded portion), but don't forget to account for the additional needed clearance of the wider top base nut. I didn't think of this ahead of time but got lucky that I had enough space
- Be sure to pay attention to the orientation of the plastic wire connectors. I put one of them on backwards initially.
- I was too lazy/impatient to try to route the external wires through the existing rubber grommet tunnel along the OEM wiring harness. So I took a small drill bit and drilled through a nearby flat section of the grommet at a very shallow diagonal, then used a small needle-nose to gently widen the hole and to grab the wire ends and pull them down through. I'm pretty sure this shouldn't make the car explode
- EDIT: SEE POSTS BELOW. Key thing is routing the new pump hose/wires around the back side of the pump so that nothing interferes with the float (newer BW instructions should mention this)
- Getting the seat belt receptacles back through the seat on re-install is a bit of PITA. Snap in the belts as a means to pull them up through, along with a flathead to jimmy them along

Last edited by jfritz27; 03-09-2024 at 01:59 PM..
Appreciate 4