Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealStig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
It also looks like crap and doesn't resist damage from rocks. IF that's what you want to do, that is your prerogative, but it still looks like crap next to a professional powder coating job.

As for your final inquiry.........hmmm, buy another set? Have them repainted back to the factory color? People who mod have the money to replace/repair things. If you don't, then you shouldn't mod. It's as simple as that.
I never mod my cars. The only mod is the radar detector wiring with the fuse. I think modding is a big waste of money. It's not about question of affordability or finances, it's to me money wasted down the drain. I'm different like that, I know you are going to say stuff But it's the same reason why I don't regularly drink outside because for the cost of a beer in a bar, I can buy a 6 pack at home. If I'm having dinner with friends and family, fine, no problem, but I'm not one of those people who go out to drink, because I know it's a big waste of money.

I'm a bit of a conservative if you will, I don't like wasting money if I can save it and it doesn't matter how much the money is, $10 or $100 or $1000. I have no problem paying for high quality premium stuff, in fact, I love doing that. If I buy something, I usually buy the best there is that I can afford.

I have seen so many people who spend 10-20 grand on their cars on mods and when they had to trade them in or sale them to a private party, they had 0 dollar value. You know why? Because the banks or the insurance companies will always consider car's regular value. They will never pay you for mods (whether you are in an accident, or you are a private buyer trying to finance a car). Wanting a car that looks sleek is nice, but if I'm going to spend 10-20k in mods, I may as well buy a car that costs 20k more and at least I'll have "some" value for my extra 20k.

I know this way of thinking is not welcome in a forum like this, but this is how my brain works

BMW has already done a great job designing these cars, why bother?
One word: INDIVIDUALITY!
Appreciate 0