08-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #149
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
thanks for that it shows great maturity in you, and if you decided to get an M3 knowing that it was the last production year and that a new car was coming, I'm sure you won't get the M4, but thanks for being humble and accepting that you like the new car BTW the whole naturally aspirated vs forced induction isn't such a big deal, just look how the F10s V8 is far superior than the e60s V10, this will also be the case well get a more powerful more fuel efficient engine than the s65

your definition of what is superior is not the same as mine. To me for a sports car the engine has to be fun. Sure the S63TU is a great motor in its own right and fun but The S85 was just an insanely fun motor to me. A V10 that revs all the way to 8300rpm. It was just plane nuts and to put it into a 4 door sedan was even more insane. I was never a fan of the looks of the E60 but that car sure would put a smile on my face when I drove it. i have driven the F10 M5 several times now. On the track and on public roads. I test drove one of the early demos. Just didn't like it as much as the last car. Still can induce turbo lag and its such a damn big car now. my favorite M5 was and always will be the E39. and I consider the E90 a modern incarnation of that car with an even better engine. The M4 has massive shoes to fill.

fuel economy be damned. i could care less about it. linear power delivery and with the least amount of complexity possible with the least amount of weight.

I'm still hopeful that the engine in the new M3/M4 will live up to all its predecessors. design wise, the F82 I think is probably the best looking modern BMW. Excited to try one out.