View Single Post
      12-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #359
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGreer View Post

Someone said that they were disappointed in the M3 interior as a $70,000 car. Right - the M3 is a $45,000 car with a $25,000 powertrain. I suggest sitting in a 5 series to see what BMW thinks an interior should look like in a $70,000 car.

People all think that since the Mustang is a new model, Ford will deliver it with a different level of fit and finish than anything they've done before. It is nice that they are moving to a modern rear axle arrangement - but I do expect the interior and the overall level of refinement to still be of a Ford. There's nothing wrong with that - I own and love an Explorer myself.
Just a couple things:

BMW achieves f10 5-series level of interior at a ~$55k base price point vs. say a $35k base price point of the 3-series (what the minimally equipped COMMON model might be for both). At heart though, the 3-series is a $35k base level vehicle with an interior that's befitting, say, a $29k car (i.e. Acura TSX/ILX).

In regards to Ford, I'm not expecting an interior befitting a $30k vehicle.

I am expecting a $23-24k interior (think: Subaru Legacy/Forester) with a $10k extra drivetrain, suspension, and brake package.

As long as people don't have unrealistic expectations, I think they are going to be surprised and pleased with Ford's new mustang interior. Not blown away, but more like "I could see myself in this enjoying watching the hood lift into the horizon when I unleash those ponies."
Appreciate 0