swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Who did that, and how was it compared?
I did, did it before and I'll do it again.

But to Robin: Flat plane vs. cross plane is one relatively medium to small sized differentiator for an engine as is a dry sump. And sure dry sumps are trick but who really cares so much about a a dry sump when the S65s oil system can readily handle race level cornering loads without the extra complexity?

I stand by my comment that the S65 (along the the 4.2l Audi engine from the RS4) are the closest V8s to something built in Maranello that actually are not. The primary reasons for the comparison are the wealth of similarities I mentioned prior which deliver and engine with very similar character. I know I mentioned it prior but perhaps you are overlooking the truly epic broad and flat torque curve of the S65 that is actually superior to that of most if not all Ferrari V8s? I'm not talking peak torque or torque per liter here, Ferrari clearly win here I am talking about the amazing rpm range at which a huge fraction of peak torque is maintained and is nearly dead flat.

Sorry in advance for the getting pretty far off topic...
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0