06-19-2021, 12:38 AM   #161
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulousprofound View Post
I just installed catted ARM downpipes on my F80, and about 5 minutes after leaving the shop it started rattling. The only time it dosen't rattle is anything over 4th gear above 2k rpm.

I went back to the shop this morning thinking it was making contact with the under tray, but upon inspection it was not, and the shop now suspects it's the flange.

I wrote an email to ARM but haven't heard back. The shop can weld it but I don't want to do anything that might void the warranty on the product if it does turn out to be defective.

Does anyone have a pic of how it looks when welding the flange to the downpipe? why is it loose to begin with?
Anyone know what the little O ring is for? It seems it's meant to fit between the flange and the pipe but wasn't sure…
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0