09-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #72
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl L View Post
Am I missing something here? The 1M was 335bhp and the F8x is 430bhp. That's a near 30% difference (28.5) not the quoted 20%. If we're assuming all 1Ms make more than advertised, shouldn't the same be done for the F8x given BMW's history with TTs?
Are we sure that F8X has 430bhp and not ps? Maybe I missed that, so if 430 is ps then the difference is roughly 26%. If that is bhp then difference is as you said, higher at 28%; but I believe it is closer to 20% or 25% max, and once someone will put them on back to back dynos we will be able to confirm that. For a variety of reasons (mostly political/marketing concerns) 1M was clearly underrated while I don't see how a 18.9 psi (essentially) same displacement M4 will be underrated THAT much. Anyway, it was not my main point and I have no problems at all accepting that indeed it has 28.5% or else, more power
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 09-26-2013 at 03:56 PM..
Appreciate 0