Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
"the car has been received very well and the efforts of a few naysayers to say otherwise should not be effective."

And they will not if they are few. It doesn't work that way when the car is truly good and loved by the large majority. An excellent car needs no one to defend it only bad cars do.
That is the way it should work, but sometimes people who do not really know pick up and repeat something as 'common knowledge' often enough that it becomes true (whether or not it is) and then it becomes a repetitive self-fulfilling prophecy.

I really don't worry that, in the long run, this car will be seen as anything other than great but, as I said to GG, the point of this thread was originally and largely just for my own use/amusement/support so I could tell people to shut up (with an easy reference point for authority). If it helps convince those who are genuinely on the fence or unsure of what to think has been said about this car (some people do care before they buy....) then, great, happy to create a reference point for them too.