10-18-2020, 05:13 PM   #21
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtorin View Post
Thank you guys for all the inputs!

As the whole thing happened on Saturday, I wanted to bring the car to body shop right after the accident. Brought it to german car body shop which had good reviews and some references from this forum. Looked like they work more with Porsche, but I figured if they can fix Porsche, they probably can fix a bimmer, too.

As for the damage - yes. The car needs a lot of new parts!
one wheel, door shell, quarter panel, wheel house, pillar reinforcement, bearing, hub, shock, shock mount, knuckle, trailing arm, control arms, track bar, crossmember, bumper.

Total car's purchase price was around $60,000. I am thinking the DV claim should be at least 10k.

Thank you everyone for support - makes me sleep at night a little better
Go to a BMW (dealer) shop, especially given you’re not at fault. Don’t chance it with an Indy shop if you want it to be fixed back to OE.

DV is tough on common cars like this because it’s incumbent on you to prove that value was lost, and typically that’s only going to happen if you’re actively selling the car - I.e you have existing offers for your car pre accident and you are now getting diminished offers post accident. I would get the car fixed by BMW back to spec and only after that would I make a DV claim. Very unlikely that insurance will bite, but in the off chance they do and they throw you a little extra (likely to be much less than you expect) I would just take the money and move on.
doug_9992542.50