View Single Post
      03-05-2015, 11:29 AM   #8
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkl23 View Post
Since there's an integrated headrest, does that mean there won't be an easy solution for a harness system that doesn't rely on a rollcage (Quickfits) as there's no proper way to have the harness pass through?
I've researched this many times and I always come to the same conclusion. If you are going to harness yourself upright, you really need to have at least a half roll-cage, 5 or 6 point harnesses, one-piece seats, and a hans device.

Think about this, in a rollover scenario where the roof crumples, would you want to be harnessed in the upright position? If you stick with oem seatbelts, your body will at least have room to fall forward in this unfortunate event.

There is something to be said about not having to brace yourself around every turn but I don't think harnessing yourself in without proper safety equipment is the right answer. You might consider installing a seat that holds your body in place better and works with the OEM seatbelt, not sure what a good option might be there though.
Appreciate 1