View Single Post
      07-04-2019, 02:15 PM   #1
F80DXB
Enlisted Member
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB F80 M3 ZCP

Opinion: Stolen, Accident or Coincidence?

Hello All,

Currently driving a F32, 2017 440i, but on the look out for an M4.

I live in Dubai, U.A.E. and would always prefer to buy a G.C.C. spec car with full dealership service history, as well as service package and warranty, to avoid any potential hidden problems. However, today, I came across an imported, perfectly optioned, 2018 LCI M4 Competition for approx. $25,000 under market value with KMs 14,000. The car has been imported from Germany - hence the lower price and for your information, it has most likely been on a ship for over a month from Germany to Dubai.

Prior to going to see the car I got my friends down at BMW to run the VIN number and they sent me the entire spec sheet - confirming once again that it was an M4 Competition and that it still had 2 years of International BMW warranty. When I got to the car, everything looked amazing (I inspected every inch of the car - looking out for imperfect body lines, signs of accidents, etc.), the car drove well and sounded phenomenal. It wasn't until I was about to leave the car, where I noticed something very strange. I flipped down the sun visors and opened the mirror shade and noticed that both the driver and passenger side mirrors were both broken/smashed.

My first instinct was to look at the roof as well as open the sunroof - but without any clear cut signs, I couldn't see anything that indicated that the car had been in an accident. The dealer (remembering it's not a BMW dealership) said he had never seen the mirrors (he's only had the car for 2 days), but once again confirmed that the car hadn't been in an accident.

Lastly another interesting find; both the VIN on the driver door and in the front windshield were gone. What could this mean?

What do you guys think - is it a "shipping accident", has the car been in a major accident and repaired but they glanced over the smallest detail, or is this just some very strange coincidence??

The next step is a full pre-purchase inspection by BMW - which will obviously shed some light on the actual history of the car, but until then, I wanted your opinion.

Feels like a murder mystery!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0