Mortis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3pilot View Post
Was browsing the pca site and the tech info was kind of confusing. Are you required to tech your car before the event at the specific shop/time sited on the schedule or can you bring the tech sheet signed off by your mechanic (i.e. BMWCCA) to the paddock tech session day of?
What is at our web site is the free tech inspection we perform for members if you choose to attend. if you cannot or don't want to, any qualified 'shop' can do the inspection; just make sure they stamp it with the shop's name. If the BMW CCA as a club does the inspection, there is a chance it won't pass our techs, but I am not certain of this as this never came up frankly. It is best to have it done by shop IMHO. The list of shops that will do free track inspection are on our web site too, but all are for Porsche's, generally they'll do BMWs as well.

Also, I would highly recommend the following forum for the latest information: http://dorkiphus.net/porsche/showthread.php?t=34161

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3pilot View Post
I'd love to join just to run mid-ohio and the glen but making it to tech in advance might be tough. Many ///M cars at their events? most of my P-car friends are serious ///M haters.

Thanks
I'd like to think we are very open with all marques, particularly with BMW and Audi. Generally we have half-dozen to a dozen ///Ms showing up in our events, I am personally trying to increase that level of participation.

We have good and close relations with the BMWCCA NCC, they run our skid pad sessions, several of their instructors participate with us and few of our instructors, like me, track their ///Ms. I would be more than surprised if you feel out of place in any way frankly.

Additionally, I am one of the official Greeters for our events. If participants are new to DE or running with the club, we guide them so they feel welcome and don't get lost on track or in between all the rules; I am one of the first people you would come to see in the morning (6:45 am), so I can make sure everything you need is in order and you are ready for the event without anxiety

I would also high recommend you don't miss our first Summit Point event, it would be great to get your feet wet with us
FTS, thanks for all this info. I'll be at the summit point school weekend after next. Do you also have skid pad sessions at these events ?
Appreciate 0