GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
I can’t get over the G8X looks. May need to see in person but trying to defend the looks behind the wheel when everyone else will stare and gawk at its buck teeth will be unsettling.
This - I've heard from people who've seen it in person and from sounds of it:

(1.) the actual "like" rate among reviews is under 20% - Most positive reviews (or lack of negative feedback) is due to financial pressure (either access, advertising or both)

(2.) It's jawdroppingly ugly for most and not in the oh-look-that's-kinda-ass way, but in the OMG-what-the-fuck-is-that way. So people are stopped silent, at least westerners are.

It's such a risk to BMW's ///M3/4 brand! They're risking the brand becoming synonymous with "ugly" - most normals don't know what an M3 is, but if they see this monstrosity prowling around, ask what-in-the-actual-fuck-is-that?? and the answer is "an M3" ... how long before the normals start equating M3 and ugly?

In any event, I'm still trying to figure out if BMW focus groups in China loved the thing and that's why BMW is going this way: calculated move to ignore Western markets and focus 100% on China?
Appreciate 8
F32Fleet3606.00
minn1914063.00
Sassicaia4453.00
alex23642908.00
Mr. Hankey1077.00
zamboni1132.00
Germanauto9731.00