View Single Post
      07-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #63
Thurman Murch
Lieutenant
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: M3

My 335is had the white LED coronas and they looked neat at night and what not and felt lux but it didn't make up for the lack of connection I have with the E9x M3. I think BMW needed to have that one item of profit just like the latest gen F10 doesn't have the side bolster inflation. I think with the M it is more function over form. Does anyone know the profit margin of the equivalent 328/335i/M3?

With the future in mind, autonomous cars and automated maglev may be the predominant transportation. We may have no choice one day. So I can see BMW posturing to meet governmental fuel mileage guidelines and then eventually petrol/diesel will be banned. So if have to be driven/tranported everywhere why not have the most luxurious soft cozy experience if the control is out of our hands. Until then I think BMW needs to keep a performance oriented mindset and delivery the best street to track car they can. I have a feeling they want to become more like Volkswagen and just seek as much profitiability as possible. I can see one day that only the ultra rich will be able to go to racetracks and utilize gasoline. Start stocking up now.

But yeah, M and upper tier cars should have all the bells and whistles unless they add on too much weight. So I am thinking the headlight washers and LED corona rings significantly affected the balance and weight.
Appreciate 0