First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 2016 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB-M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_M3 2018 View Post
Any updates on this? Did you see changes to rev matching?
I've been on the new code for about two days, although I've done very limited driving since I got the new code. [apologies, i'll have to grab the version off the car when I get a few minutes. I'm going from 504 to whatever they gave me on Thursday.]

My impressions:
Torque delivery is definitely smoothed out in all modes. I can see how some would not like this feature. Sport+ went from hard-to-handle to butter smooth. I'd be curious to see if acceleration times are affected following the changes.
No change to rev matching. Has it in Comfort and Sport, no rev match in Sport+. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Exhaust seems to be quieter especially on cold start, but need to check myself as this could be my imagination.
Steering has definitely improved...my alignment challenges disappeared. BMW seems to have adjusted speed sensitivity. At highway speeds, comfort now requires more effort than before; sport+ requires less effort than before. Comfort is still very easy at parking lot speeds.
Traction control is definitely a bit more liberal now. Car will now yaw a bit before kicking in.
My 10 year old son likes the new visuals in iDrive...I could care less. Pretty muted changes in all.
Suspension seems to be a bit smoother in all modes.
As a daily driver, I appreciate the changes. They may be seen as negative for tracking and autocrossing if you're an advanced driver -- which I clearly am not.

I would love to have a document which details the driver profile features that get saved by a profile backup and which do not. If you're gonna do the upgrade, definitely take a profile backup first. I would think the dealer would have done that...but YMMV. The profile restore did bring back memory seat settings and some of the iDrive codings I had done, but nowhere near all of them. Spent about 30 minutes in the car this AM setting things back via BimmerCode.

Those are my impressions as best I recall them in my barely two days in driving. If there are any specific questions feel free to send them along.
Exactly the same as what I noticed - the cars a different beast now when driven hard - it works better "as a whole".
Appreciate 0