View Single Post
      05-22-2019, 10:50 AM   #32
mjames
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I have 18k miles on my 2017 M3 and the side skirts have taken a beating from rock chips. My car is mineral white and it really shows. The paint is even rough to the touch down low behind the front wheels on the side skirts. I'm so angry about this because I have the entire front wrapped and car coated with CQuartz, but it's still getting beat up. I know the mud flaps are an option, but I don't like the look, especially on a white car (black would be very noticeable).

Is anyone else frustrated by this? Also, on the rear section where there is factory clear bra, I had a slightly larger piece added and there's still TONS of rock chips just above it, so that looks like crap, too.

There is something about this car that makes it worse than any one I've ever owned in terms of getting beat up in these areas. I know it's sticky tires and wide fender flares, but I wish I had known all this when it was new. Too late now, and it's not like you can easily repaint Mineral White.

For this reason, I will NEVER own a white car again, keeping the side skirt area smooth and chip-free is impossible unless you wrap it, but that's another issue with wrapping ... on white, the edges show dirt like crazy and also it yellows more.

2004 ///M3 - Carbon Black / Cinnamon [gone]
Appreciate 0