View Single Post
      10-10-2019, 11:31 PM   #58
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Thank you very much for the perspective. I really appreciate it.

I certainly have seen the contact you described in SM but so far have avoided it. My team mate and I “double dip” the car and put in about 5 hours of time each event weekend between open test, practice and quali and race, and so far it’s been clean. Knock on wood.

I do use a shop for some maintenance and if the event is at the track where the shop is located, it’s close to an arrive and drive experience. I don’t want to mess with setup so I use the known setup from the the shop’s winning customers.

By the way, did you get your GTS after your Miata and how aggressive is your driving in that car compared to Miata?
I ran the car with a partner, and we leaned on 949 Racing's setup for a lot of stuff. Definitely helps to get up to speed fast by not having to really worry about shock settings and alignment values at the start. Hopefully you have fun out there and keep it shiny side up.

I tended to be pretty aggressive with my Miata, going 2-wide in a corner with another w2w car that you are familiar with was okay during practice. The GTS will be relegated to passing on straights. There are no trophies on open lapping days so I won't force a flying lap.
Appreciate 0