01-29-2022, 01:37 PM   #7
lozik
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lozik View Post
You might be right. I think that previous owner might have left stock Jpipe's plastik "zip tie" connector when changing the top IC because from above I can see that it isn't ideally connected.
I think that it would be best to replace OEM charge pipes and jpipe to aluminum in that case.
If you're hunting the problem don't go changing things just yet. I don't see any problems with the plastic J, but some guys try to push it back on with the zip-clip installed. I like to reinstall the J with the zip removed so I can feel it seat well against the throttle body, then I rotate the J towards me, and last slide the zip back into the slot (should be easy).

The metal J looks nice (down where you can't see anyway) but the metal C-spring sometimes doesn't catch in the groove well. The zip-clip on the plastic one usually holds great. I've never heard of a plastic J breaking except for in ads from the vendors. For CPs…I like silicone.
I see your point. It would be best to smoke-check entire piping. I'll ask if the repair shop which is nearby has those necessary tools
Appreciate 1
TopJimmy5460.00