View Single Post
      11-30-2017, 12:54 PM   #93
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillrM3 View Post
Just like the E36 LTW that sat on dealers lot for extended amounts of time that were being sold below MSRP. Now try to find one not selling for double of the MSRP.

Dealers couldn't get rid of the E30 M3 when the MSRP in 1988 was around 35k. Now look at the values.

I think all of these haters will realize what the GTS is/was years from now.
Maybe, but just because this happened 30 years ago doesn't mean it is guaranteed to happen again. Conditions/competition is/are probably completely different today compared to then. There are so many good cars out there to be had for 100k and less I don't think it is a slam dunk for the GTS.

In fact if you use the GTS as a gauge for the future M3/4 CS market it isn't good. I'm guessing a year after their release you will be able to find low mileage cars in the 80s and maybe less. Maybe it will reverse and they will gain their value back, but I'm not sure there are a lot of people willing to sit on a car for 10, 20 or 30 years. There are far better investments and easier ways to make money. Resale and overall value do not compute with these cars anymore. It just comes down to if you really like them then get it.

At least the M3/4 CS are gorgeous cars (the best looking so far in the lineup) compared to the not so much GTS IMO.
Appreciate 2
IB M2782.00
SeanWRT3179.00