kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Billiel View Post
Another kubax86 happy customer!

My car had the GTS transmission, no steering modifications and M2 everything else. Updated everything to the correct coding, took the car out and it feels totally different! Steering is really nice, EDC is way better and MDM and Diff are also better. Just much more refined all the way around.

Thanks Kubax86!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryan425 View Post
Another +1 for kubax86 and Bimmer remote coding, process was super fast, easy with amazing communication!

I was able to get my GTS coding done today as well as a NBTEVO5-6 upgrade.

Let me preface this by saying the car was in for a fresh alignment (hit a few holes/bumps on the highway, thanks PA roads) this morning prior to the coding and I was able to drive it a good 30-40 minutes prior to the coding and after fresh alignment. This was done so I had a good before and after comparison with no other factors.

I have a non-zcp F80 with M-performance suspension (set slightly below recommended height) and no other suspension work. Its on 19x11/19x9.5 wheels with almost brand new MPS4S 265/35 and 305/30 tires just for reference. The coding options I got were GTS steering, GTS diff, Euro GTS MDM and CS EDC. I also already had the GTS DCT via BM3.

My initial impressions for each piece after a 30min spirited drive.

GTS steering: this is a massive upgrade in all categories, it is tighter, more responsive and there is less play in the steering wheel. It is still not anywhere near the non-electric power steering feel but it is much better. Car does not feel twitchy and is very direct with input.

GTS diff/Euro MDM: another pair of awesome upgrades, the diff no longer seems as confused about what is happening in terms of driver input and feels like it is more in tune with the transmission. The car is also no longer has as much wiggle to it when traction breaks and is better at maintaining a straight line. It also feels more predictable. Euro MDM feels is as expected and previously discussed with having an increased time before intervening.

CS EDC: This option I am still feeling out. Initially the car feels slightly softer in comfort but did not feel unstable. I will be fair in saying I was not taking any high speed turns to fully test it in comfort mode. In sport I did notice that the ride felt slightly stiffer especially in terms of rebound but it did not feel uncomfortable. Everything tightened up even further in sport+. The dampening change was most noticeable. This again was a tough one to put into words but I will test it for the coming week and see whether I decided to stick with it. 9M71 I would recommend giving it a shot and seeing how the car feels with it.

I will update this in the coming week after driving a bit more and feeling out the changes.
Thank you for your kind words and appreciate choosing BIMMER-REMOTE
Appreciate 0