View Single Post
      10-02-2021, 09:19 AM   #108
LYTSOUT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: B58 F30 xDrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteredBe4st View Post
I flashed my car with the Thor GTS MDM, differential and steering, while I feel no difference in the steering I did notice a difference in the MDM not kicking in as before, my question has anyone reflashed with kubix and noticed a difference with the GTS MDM?
Yet another happy Kubax customer here. As with other Thor customers, my steering was unchanged, MDM was Euro, and LSD was from an F87.

Steering: MUCH better than OEM. As someone mentioned above, this was the first thing I noticed as soon as I pulled the car out of the garage after the flash. It now feels like a proper power assist setup: at low speeds (parking lots, etc) the wheel is FAR easier to turn, but at higher speeds, it does stiffen up a bit (but not too much like OEM was). I prefer my steering to be very light, so I drive exclusively in Comfort. I can't really comment on GTS Sport/Sport+ steering b/c I don't really care for anything heavier than Comfort so I never use those settings.

LSD: Much better than OEM, but similar to Thor/F87. The car definitely hooks up better in a straight line, and if it does break loose, you can stay on the power without it cutting out and killing your momentum. This was the one thing that didn't change/improve much with Kubax's flash (but that's okay b/c apparently the F87 that Thor installed was still much better than OEM).

AlteredBe4st , this is for you...
GTS MDM: Much less restrictive than American/OEM, but a bit more restrictive than Thor/Euro. American/OEM MDM is a complete joke. It doesn't allow much slip angle whatsoever (not much better than DSC fully on). By contrast, the Euro MDM that Thor installed, allowed way too much slip angle. Tbh, I'd have to lift before it ever kicked-in b/c I was afraid the rear end could continue to come around, and I feared it wouldn't ever save me before I got into trouble. It pretty much felt like DSC fully off. The new GTS MDM is perfect. It's right in the middle between boring American/OEM and insanely loose Euro. It allows the back end to come around, but it does catch you at a reasonable point of slip. It feels much more like Porsche's PSM (which is about as good as traction control can get).

Edit: I forgot to mention just how cool Kubax was/is to work with. I won't drag you through all the details, but summarize, I have a Mac and didn't have the appropriate Windows software installed to get Kubax's process going as smoothly as it usually does. Rather than telling me it simply wouldn't work on my computer, he actually spent lots of extra time working with me over two different 45 minute sessions (remotely tinkered with my settings, etc) to get it all done. So even more props to Kubax, not just a great product, but also for lots of patience and going the extra mile to get the flash done despite technical challenges.
-PCA Instructor #201804533
-B58 F30, 6MT, M Sport, M Perf Exhaust, Dinan Springs, BM3 Stg 1
-My B58 F30 Build Thread https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1981176
-My F80 Build Thread https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1757458
-My N55 F30 Build Thread https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1739248

Last edited by LYTSOUT; 10-02-2021 at 12:07 PM..
Appreciate 0