09-26-2020, 04:02 PM   #50
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Best post on the legit problems with this new design language - it's not just the grille (but FUUUuuukkk that grille), it's that the whole design looks like a Charger/camero/mustang/toyota/infiniti mashup. Mashups ain't bold.

It's the exact thing the Koreans used to do: steal various designs from multiple German brands and mash them up into one vehicle. Now Biermann is over there and SURPRISE! The Koreans are starting to make good looking vehicles with ORIGINAL design.

Pick any angle of the G8x and you can pull up a picture of how that part of car is copied from other brands.
I've said this again and will keep saying it until I get canceled for hate speech: getting rid of the Hoffmeister Kink is a wrong move, bucko!

With cars getting bigger and overhangs longer, this swooping window line only enhances the sheer mass that resides in the rear quarter of the car.

Regarding XXL kidneys, well, look at this CSL Hommage concept from 2015. They totally worked on that car, in my opinion. Why? They're 3D, they've got depth to them that is lacking from the production car and they are not obstructed by a billion of other little creases or fake vents. They also are angled like the shark nose kidneys of the Neue Klasse and 80s models.

What we've received instead is a car that looks like it's had a last-minute plastic surgery. Let me put my tinfoil hat on and say that they had already completed a car with a different, more classic front end before a Croatian dude came in and fucked it up. It just doesn't fit in with the rest of the vehicle.

MFNATIK3498.00
SD ///M42992.00
minn1914034.50
bm4w145.50
Cangel4.50